Transfer of Registration
AS per the Canadian Free Trade Agreement (CFTA), the Applied Science Technologists & Technicians of British Columbia (ASTTBC) will certify and register Applied Science Technologists (AScT) and Certified Technicians (CTech) applicants who are currently certified in another jurisdiction in Canada, in accordance with the provisions of these Agreements.
To practice in British Columbia, registration in ASTTBC is required. Registration requirements for previously certified/registered applicants from other jurisdictions are listed below:
- Complete Sections A to C of the Interprovincial Transfer Application in full.
- Mail or email the completed application to ASTTBC (incomplete applications will be returned).
- Provide a complete, detailed work history with your application.
- Pay the transfer fee of $50.00 plus 5% GST ($52.50) to ASTTBC.
- Applicants who have not completed Ethics training in the jurisdiction from which they are transferring may be required to complete a jurisprudence examination on the Applied Science Technologists & Technicians Act & Regulations of British Columbia and the ASTTBC Code of Ethics.
- This transfer policy only applies to registered Technicians or Technologists in the recognized disciplines of registration.
- Effective March 1, 2019, any Technician or Technologist member in good standing of a provincial association that requests a transfer to British Columbia will be required to pay ASTTBC annual dues pro rated from the date their transfer is processed to the end of the calendar year.
- If maintaining membership in two associations, a transferee may be eligible for reduced dues in the province of non-residency.
Reciprocity Agreement with Other Organizations
A Reciprocity Agreement exists with the following organizations listed in the links below. The Association will accept applications in accordance with these Agreements as may be approved by the Council of ASTTBC. Notwithstanding any agreement, no registration may contravene the Act or Regulations.