2017 ASTTBC Technology Awards & Recognition Celebration
ASTTBC Technology Awards Gala – A Grand Tradition Continues!
ASTTBC hosted more than 400 guests on Saturday, November 18, 2017 at the 29th Technology Awards & Recognition Celebration. The annual gala is ASTTBC’s opportunity to recognize BC’s Technology Professionals who have demonstrated outstanding achievements, and to say thank you to the many volunteers and partners who have contributed to the growth and development of the Association.
The event was filled with special guests, including Provincial and Federal Government representatives, Professional Technology Associations from across the county and several other stakeholder organizations from around the province.
A surprise Life Membership Award was presented to retiring ASTTBC CEO, John Leech, including a video capturing John’s 40-year career span with ASTTBC.
Congratulations to TARC 2017 Award Recipients! These Technology Professionals and their organizations have contributed to the growth and development of our economy, our environment, and our communities.
Advanced Technology Award
Employer Award for the Enhancement of Career Success of Technology Professionals
Professional Achievement Award
Professional Leadership Award For Women in Technology
As is the tradition at this annual event, ASTTBC proudly welcomed greetings from Federal and Provincial Government officials, including:
- Dan Ruimy, MP, Pitt Meadows-Maple Ridge and Chair of the Standing Committee on Industry, Science and Technology
- John Horgan, Premier of the Province of British Columbia
- The Honorable Bruce Ralston, Minister of Jobs, Trade and Technology, MLA from Surrey-Whalley
- The Honorable Melanie Mark, Minister of Advanced Education, Skills and Training, MLA Vancouver-Mount Pleasant and the Minister Responsible for the ASTT Act
- And, Marvin Hunt, MLA Surrey-Cloverdale, Opposition Critic for Social Development and Poverty Reduction
ASTTBC Foundation Fundraising
At this year’s event, a very successful silent auction and wine raffle raised almost $12,000 for the ASTTBC Foundation. Money raised from this event provides bursaries and awards for technology students and supports science and technology education and awareness in BC. Thanks to all the donors and bidders who made this year’s Silent Auction such a great fundraiser. The ASTTBC Foundation is helping the youth of today become the techs of tomorrow!
View photos of this year’s gala HERE.
Many thanks to our Event Partners & Sponsors!