Overview & Application
A Student Registrant is an individual enrolled in an approved education program to become a technologist or technician. Student registration is for eligible individuals who meet the below requirements.
Applicants for student registration must:
- Be enrolled full-time in an approved education program.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the English language to the satisfaction of the credentials committee.
- Provide evidence satisfactory to the credentials committee that they are persons of good character consistent with the responsibilities and standards expected of a registrant.
- Be Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada or otherwise authorised to study in Canada.
- Deliver to the Registrar completed applications for registration in a form approved by the Registrar along with evidence satisfactory to the credentials committee that they meet the requirements for registration, including proof of registration as full-time students.
- Engage only in applied science and engineering technology practice on the terms approved by the credentials committee and while under supervision.
Student registration requirements can be found in the ASTTBC Bylaws.
How to Apply
To apply as a Student Registrant, please fill out the form below.
Questions or feedback? Please contact Josie Brown, Coordinator, Registrations for assistance:
Tel: (604) 585-2788 ext. 233
Fax: (604) 585-2790
Student registration is valid for the duration of your program, typically one or two years. Once you graduate, you are required to apply in a category for Applied Science Technologist Trainee or Certified Technician Trainee through the general ASTTBC online application system.