This is an exciting time for ASTTBC and its registrants, as both discussions and work are underway for a scope of practice that is reserved for ASTTBC registrants. We invite you to renew your ASTTBC registration to ensure use of your professional title, demonstrate your commitment to the needs of British Columbia/Columbians, competence, and standards of practice.
Three things you need to know about your ASTTBC renewal:
- Fees are due by the renewal deadline of November 30, 2023.
- Your invoice will be available after you sign your declaration.
- Invoice payments are accepted through your ASTTBC online account.
Please note that we no longer mail invoices. To be environmentally responsible and for registrants’ convenience, all invoices are now electronic.
Prior to making a payment, registrants will be required to make declarations about their practice, CPD hours, and compliance with the Professional Governance Act (PGA), which are subject to audit.
If you renew your registration after November 30, 2023, but before December 31, 2023, a late fee of $56.80 will apply. If you have not renewed your registration by January 1, 2024, your registration will be cancelled immediately. If you attempt to renew your registration between January 1, 2024, and March 1, 2024, and can provide reasonable justification for late payment, a late fee of $170.35 will apply. In addition, the period during which your registration was cancelled will be shown on the registrant directory, as required by section 31(3)(e) of the Professional Governance Act (PGA). Those who wish to become registered again on or after March 1, 2024, following cancellation for late payment will be required to apply for reinstatement under section 48.1 of the ASTTBC Bylaws.
- Any outstanding fees, debts or CPD fines must be paid prior to renewing.
- CPD is to be completed and recorded in your ASTTBC account prior to November 30, 2023. Please note, this is not applicable to new registrants, trainees, retired, and non-practising registrants.
- If you choose to not renew you must cease use of your ASTTBC stamp on January 1, 2024 and immediately return your stamp/seal to ASTTBC.
- Registrants are required to keep up to date contact information with ASTTBC. Renewal is an opportunity to confirm that ASTTBC has your current information. This will ensure you are receiving relevant communications related to your registration as a regulated professional.
Important info for Graduate Technologist, Graduate Technician, Associate or Provisional (except for Registered Technical Specialist Provisional)
The above categories have been discontinued and for you to continue as an ASTTBC registrant in 2025, you must apply to reclassify to either a Certified Technician (CTech), Applied Science Technologist (AScT), Certified Technician Trainee (CTech (Trained)), or Applied Science Technologist Trainee (AScT (Trainee)). Your application must be approved before September 30, 2024. If you do not apply by the above date, or you are ineligible for reclassification, your registration will not be renewed in 2025. Should you wish to pursue registration, you would need to reapply. Please apply for reclassification as soon as possible.
If you are experiencing extenuating circumstances, please read the Fee Reduction and Waiver Policy to see if you qualify. Further, if you are planning on taking leave (i.e. parental, caregiver, medical, educational, etc.) or you are not actively employed or engaged in the practise of applied science or engineering technology, you may want to consider electing non-practising status. For more information, please click here.
Please direct your questions to:
• Payment system login difficulties: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow up to 24 business hours for a response.
• Fee renewals and invoicing: email@example.com
• Practice and CPD: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Registration status updates: email@example.com
• Compliance with PGA: firstname.lastname@example.org
Changing Your Registration Status
For further information on changing your registration status to non-practising, please click here. We recommend reviewing ASTTBC’s Guidance for Non-Practising Status to assist you in determining whether you should move to non-practising status.
For further information on changing your registration status to retired, please click here.
For information on reinstating your registration status, please click here.
Resignation Request Form
A registrant requesting resignation from ASTTBC must complete this form and declaration acknowledging they have read and agree to abide by the requirements outlined in the resignation request form in accordance with the Professional Governance Act, ASTT regulation, and the ASTTBC bylaws and submit it by December 31st of the calendar year along with any stamp or seal (if applicable). The completed form may be submitted to email@example.com.
By submitting a request for resignation by December 31st of the calendar year, the ASTTBC register will reflect a registration status of “resigned”. Please note that, instead of submitting a resignation form, a registrant may decide not to complete the renewal process as a method of resigning from ASTTBC. In this case, the ASTTBC register will reflect a registration status of “cancelled” for non-payment of annual dues. Please click here for the Resignation Request Form.