ASTTBC Logo Usage
Using the ASTTBC Logo
The ASTTBC logo may be used by Certified Members as a way of showing pride in their ASTTBC professional certification. Certified Members may incorporate the logo in their communications and marketing, subject to the following terms and conditions of use.
Two ASTTBC Logos are Available
ASTTBC has available two approved logo formats:
- Full name of the Association together with the ‘ASTT’ icon and the slogan ‘Technology Professionals’
- The ‘ASTTBC’ acronym together with the slogan ‘Technology Professionals’ . Format 2 is available in vertical and horizontal designs
Which Logo to Use
Both are acceptable for use. Deciding which logo to use is the critical decision you need to make. Where the total size of the space available is so small that the full name is not easily read without a magnifying glass, then use format 2. If you have a large area to display the logo, we ask you to use format 1… logo with full name.
Terms and Conditions of Use
The ASTTBC logo may be used by ASTTBC Certified Members as a way of showing pride in their ASTTBC professional certification. It is available in print or electronic media and Certified Members may incorporate the logo in their communications and marketing, subject to the following requirements. Cessation of registration automatically terminates any rights to use the logo.
The logo may not be revised or altered in any way. It must be displayed in the same form as provided by ASTTBC. In accordance with Canadian Trademark Law, and the Association’s administrative rules and policies, a Certified Member registered with ASTTBC and in good standing may be granted a trademark licence to use an authorized variation of the official corporate logo to promote registration in the Association.
- Only the logo supplied may be used, and in the manner prescribed. These requirements apply to any modifications that ASTTBC may make to its logo.
- A Certified Member for this licence is an individual entitled to use one or more of the following ASTTBC designations: AScT, AScT (Provisional), CTech, CTech (Provisional), RBD, CRD, CSO, TSC, RFPT, CPI, CHI, CHI(P), CPWI 3, CPWI 2, CPWI 1, RSD, CSD, ATE, ATC, ROWP, and RSIS.
- The logo may be used on your business card, letterhead, promotional brochures, biographical material, advertising vehicle signs, construction signs etc. in close proximity to your name. If your registration in the Association should cease for any reason, you must immediately discontinue using the logo and distributing any preprinted material on which it appears.
- Any stationery items on which the logo appears must directly relate to your registration in ASTTBC and area of professional practice. For example, you may not use the logo on material relating to a part-time hobby or business you operate that is not technology related.
- If you intend to add the logo to employer-supplied stationery, it is your responsibility to obtain the necessary advance permission from your employer.
- As registration in ASTTBC is individual and not corporate (regardless who pays your dues), the logo may only appear on material used exclusively by you. For example, you may not have it preprinted on letterhead that is used throughout your office by others.
- The logo shall not be used in any manner that detracts from the high ideals of ASTTBC or from the values espoused by ASTTBC.
- The use of the logo does not and must not indicate any legal guarantee by ASTTBC, any direct endorsement of services or that the individual is acting on the Association’s behalf.
- No person gains any rights whatsoever to the logo or its use; it remains the property of ASTTBC. ASTTBC reserves the right in its sole discretion to require the removal of the logo from any location or item ASTTBC feels does not comply with these terms, or which could or does discredit the Association. If ASTTBC gives you notice to remove the logo, you must do so immediately.
- The Council of ASTTBC may alter or modify these terms and conditions at any time at its sole discretion.
- For clarification or interpretation about use of the logo please contact: Registration Department, Applied Science Technologists & Technicians of BC, 10767 – 148 Street, Surrey, BC V3R 0S4. Phone: 604-585-2788; Fax: 604-585-2790; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you agree to these terms, proceed to download ASTTBC Reproduction Sheet.
Download ASTTBC Logo Reproduction Sheet
Please Note: You will have to login to access this page. If you are not already logged in, you will be redirected so you can login.