First Nations Careers Council
The First Nations Careers Council (FNCC) was launched in Kamloops on April 24, 2009 by the Applied Science Technologists & Technicians of British Columbia (ASTTBC) in collaboration with the Tk’emlups Indian Band and a variety of partners and sponsors.
The FNCC Board is made up of Aboriginal technologists and technicians, and will be augmented by other interested persons willing to assist with our work. ASTTBC provides funding and staff support to assist the FNCC achieve its goals.
The FNCC assists Aboriginal technologists and technicians to promote technology careers and the application of technology in Aboriginal communities. Typical activities include:
- Serve as mentors
- Serve as role models
- Attend career fairs to promote technology education and careers
- Offer bursaries
- Help develop technical programs in fields such as:
- Serve as a connection between education and the technology profession
- Provide information of interest
- Work with governments to support and assist aboriginal people