Advancing Women in Engineering and Technology Project Wrap-up: Because Diversity Does Better
ASTTBC would like to invite you to a free workshop on Wednesday, December 8, 2021 at 8:00 am to discuss the Advancing Women in Engineering and Technology Project Wrap-up.
ASTTBC is committed to growing participation of diverse population in applied science and engineering technology through greater shift toward workplace inclusivity, collegial support, skill investment, and stretch assignments.
Our interactive workshop will explore:
- Project research findings with promising practices for various inclusion and diversity initiatives
- Panelist discussion with examples of ways to change an organizational culture, implement successful processes and persuade employers to address inclusion and diversity
- Ready-made resources, information and tips to implement in your organization
- Theresa McCurry, CEO, ASTTBC
- Barbara Dobson, Principal Research Associate, SRDC
- Debbie Pearmain, Human Resources Consultant and Owner OneStopHR
- Lesley MacDonald, Employee Engagement and HR Planning, BC Hydro
ASTTBC is leading a Sector Labour Market Partnership project, funded through the Canada-BC Workforce Development Agreement. The project’s goal is to increase the participation of women in the engineering, geoscience, technology and technician occupations through the implementation of diversity and inclusion strategies to recruit, retain and support career development of women to lead a system level cultural shift within these professions.