2019 Annual General Meeting and Conference with the annual
‘Technology Awards & Recognition Celebration’!
SAVE THE DATE!
We have a great day lined up on Thursday, JUNE 13, 2019 at the Pacific Gateway Hotel, Richmond!
The day is designed to help you in your career as a Technology Professional. This is also your opportunity to earn Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points, network with colleagues, get updated information on key initiatives of your Association.
Special to this year’s event we have added our annual Technology Awards & Recognition Celebration to the program.
Thursday, JUNE 13, 2019
Pacific Gateway Hotel
(Red Cedar Ballroom)
3500 Cessna Drive, Richmond
Online Registration to be available at a later date
2018 AGM & Conference Highlights
On May 25th, ASTTBC hosted more than 200 members, strategic partners and guests at the 59th Annual General Meeting and Conference in Burnaby, BC. The annual highlights and announcement of ASTTBC’s 2018-2019 Council was given during the AGM Business Session, followed by greetings from special guests from technology associations across the country and BC associations who work closely with ASTTBC.
The panel presentation on Professional Reliance featured Assistant Deputy Minister of Environment, Jennifer McGuire who shared insights into the ongoing professional reliance review by the Provincial government and Willis Towers Watson Client Advocate, Mike Nikkel presented public protection responsibilities from an insurance point of view. Several excellent questions were presented by the audience and served as a great segue into the afternoon speaker presentation on Risk Management strategies. The afternoon presentation by Marianne McKinnon, Senior Underwriter for ENCON covered standards of practice, responsibilities of the professional and strategies to minimize exposure while ensuring professional accountability. Marianne provided several case study examples that reinforced and supported the conference theme Public Trust: Ensuring Reliance.
During the Awards Luncheon program, ASTTBC CEO Theresa McCurry recognized:
- Allan Russell, President and CEO, McElhanney Consulting Services Ltd. with an Honorary Membership in ASTTBC
- Foundation Board trustee Frank Rizzardo, President and General Manager of Emcon Services, who recently committed a leadership gift of $50,000 to the ASTTBC Foundation
- Joe Collins, RCSO for service on the ASTTBC Construction Safety Officers Certification Board
- Samuel Livingstone, RCSO for service on the ASTTBC Construction Safety Officers Certification Board
- Gord Morrison, RFPT for service on the ASTTBC Fire Protection Certification Board
- Terry Suen, BTech for her leadership as Chair of the Registered Technology Manager Certification Board
After a busy day of AGM business, a panel discussion, award presentations and a guest speaker – an informal mixer was the perfect way to end the day with food, drink and good friends!
To view the AGM photo album, please click here.
To view the webinar recording of the AGM Business Session, please click here.
To view the webinar recording of the Panel Presentation, please click here.
ASTTBC extends recognition and appreciation to our AGM 2018 Event Partners and Sponsors