Descriptions & Qualifications
Advanced Technology Award
To acknowledge advancements in technology and the contributions made by individuals, both members and non-members, business and industry, and government to promote pioneer efforts in technology and to recognize the application and adaptation of advanced technology to new uses.
- Any individual, member or otherwise, who has distinguished themselves in the area of advanced technology.
- Any company or government agency which is involved in developing or promoting works or products in advance technologies.
- Any educational institution making outstanding contributions in the area of advanced technologies.
- Eligibility could include individuals offering political leadership, entrepreneurs involved in promotion efforts, individuals or companies pioneering the use of advanced technology and generally others involved in advancing the concepts outlined herein.
- Advanced Technology will include innovative developments in those technologies recognized by ASTTBC, including agriculture, architecture, engineering, forestry, health engineering and surveying. Advanced Technology is not restricted to applications of computers and electronics technology.
Certificate of Appreciation
To show appreciation to individuals, both members and non-members for their support of the Association and its purposes.
- Any person who has consistently given unselfishly of their time and talents to the Association and its general purposes.
- The award will not normally be given to recognize service by current members of Council or Committees/Boards.
To honor those individuals who are not members of ASTTBC, but who are highly esteemed in their field and/or have demonstrated exceptionally meritorious service to the Association.
- The award may be presented to non-members who have made a meritorious contribution to the affairs of the Association or in a field of endeavor of interest to the Association.
To honor Association members who have demonstrated exceptionally meritorious service to the Association.
- A certified member of at least 10 years in good standing who has contributed to the betterment of the Association.
- Awarded to the out-going President upon completion of his/her term as President of the Association.
Peter Allan AScT Leadership Award
To honor a member of ASTTBC who has demonstrated exceptional leadership within the Association or local community by promoting careers in technology.
- A certified member with at least 5 years membership.
- Demonstrated exceptional leadership within the Association or local community or by promoting careers in technology.
To recognize an ASTTBC member who has distinguished themselves in his/her field of technology or has made a substantial contribution to the well-being of the community.
The recipient will be a certified member of ASTTBC and will have demonstrated outstanding performance in one or more of the following areas:
- Technical Achievement
- Business Achievement
- Career Development
- Community Service
R. Littledale Memorial
To recognize an outstanding member who has made a substantial contribution to the well-being of the Association as recognized by their peers.
- A certified member with at least 10 years membership. b) Demonstrated exceptional service to the Association over a number of years.
To recognize members for their participation in the Association Committees/Boards/Council upon stepping down (minimum 3 years of service).
- A member who has made a contribution to the Association. This award is intended for individuals who participate on ASTTBC Committees/Boards, Community Representatives and Council Directors.
To provide ASTTBC with the opportunity to present awards for special achievement that does not fall within the other categories.
- A member who has made a special contribution to ASTTBC which could enhance the profile of the Association.
Employer Award For the Enhancement of Career Success of Technology Professionals
To recognize and honour an employer for creating a work environment that accommodates the career success of Technology Professionals.
- An employer who has written policies or established practices which facilitate the full participation and advancement of Technology Profesionals in its organization
- These policies or practices serve as a model for other employers
- Technology Professionals are employed at various levels in the organization
Professional Leadership Award For Women in Technology
To honour a woman who is an ASTTBC member, has distinguished herself in her field of technology and has demonstrated leadership within the Association or local community by serving as a role model and promoting careers in technology.
- a registered member of ASTTBC who has demonstrated outstanding performance in her area of expertise
- demonstrated leadership by serving as a role model and promoting careers in technology
Top In Technology
To recognize a member of ASTTBC who represents a model technology professional.
The recipient will be a member of ASTTBC who has demonstrated qualifications consistent with the high expectations of a BC professional committed to serving the public and acting as a role model to other British Columbians.
Attributes typical of a nominee:
- Mentor / Role Model
- Promotes and uses new technologies
- Demonstrates leadership – excels in his/her field
- Promotes Technology Careers
- Volunteer in the Community or Profession
- Elected to Public Office
- A new Graduate who shows Exceptional Promise as a Technology Professional
To recognize a member of ASTTBC, corporation or organization who takes a lead role in environmental initiatives.
The TechGREEN Award is granted to an ASTTBC member, corporation or organization contributing to a ‘green’ economy and sustainable society. Consideration will be given to those who take a lead role or have a substantial involvement in initiatives that have a positive impact on green living, sustainable best practices, energy conservation and environmental benefit.