Capstone Projects – Electronics & Computer Engineering Showcase
You are invited to join the faculty and students of Camosun College’s Electronics & Computer Engineering Technology program at the Electronics department’s Capstone event. Come and see creative designs showcasing capabilities and talk with the students behind the projects. The Capstone event showcases the graduating students’ finished projects that they have been working on for the last four months.
This year we have eight projects:
- MotionSpeak is a wearable device which can identify American Sign Language gestures and convert them into text! MotionSpeak promotes education about sign language for all members of the community.
- Team YJC is proud to unveil their Wildlife Identification Camera (WIC). The WIC implements image recognition in a small form factor made possible by the Google AIY vision kit. The device will autonomously document wildlife’s ability to use highway underpasses such as culverts.
- SkyWet –The RainBow is an efficient autonomous watering system for backyard gardeners. Customize a map of your garden using the companion app, and the solar-powered RainBow turret will water each section on a schedule of your choosing at ranges of up to 25ft.
- Mr. Therm – Designed to prevent food waste due to equipment failure in professional kitchens, Mr.Therm is a commercial refrigeration temperature monitoring system that allows the user to wirelessly view and log the data required for safe product storage from anywhere in the world.
- C & M is a Wi-fi enabled baseboard heating system. The thermostats are controlled via Android App, and they allow users to program any heating schedule from anywhere in the world.
- Urban Fresh – FreshView is a cloud-based plant monitoring system that provides a numerical and visual history of plant growth with intelligent programming to identify and automate the ideal conditions for growth.
- JCJD Amp Designs has developed a fresh take on a classic vacuum tube guitar amplifier. The amp boasts an all-analog signal path and digital control which enables its users to instantly recall previous settings for gain, EQ, and volume.
- DLM Autonomous Controls is proud to present the Second Iteration Camosun Autonomous Submersible (SICAS). Designed with the purpose of 3D mapping dynamic underwater environments, SICAS is a proof-of-concept autonomous submersible that uses a vision-based approach to simultaneous localization and mapping.
Location: Camosun College, Interurban Campus, CTEI Building, 4461 Interurban Rd, Victoria BC V9E 2C1
Date: Friday, December 14, 2018,
Time: Open 10:00am – 2:00pm